Tema: Re: Creepai
Autorius: Sakirs
Data: 2010-03-31 10:59:10
Kazkada anksciau rasiau:

------------
Creep Calculator

Creep allows users to compensate for the extra amount the outer pages in
a section have to wrap around the spine. The way Imposition Publisher
does this is to leave the position of the 4 outside pages fixed and to
move the inside pages closer together. To calculate the creep value to
enter into Imposition Publisher you need to know how much closer
together you want the inside pages from the outside pages in your
section. In practice the way to do this it to take a folded section
(either from a previous job or create a dummy) and then make a hole
through the section with a pin of some sort. Then unfold the sheet and
measure the gap between the holes on the inside pair and subtract it
from the gap between the two holes on the outside pair. Then simply
enter this “bulk” value along with the section size of your imposition
into the creep calculator below and click on the calculate button.
Bulk
Section Size     Must be a multiple of 4

Creep

The formula if you want to calculate the value yourself is:
creep value = bulk/((section size/4) – 1)

If you need the pages to start with a zero space in the middle and for
the outer pages to move apart then all you have to enter is the bulk
value into the gutters that lie on the spine in addition to entering the
creep value in your imposition. Although this method may look a little
strange the advantage is that this creep value, once entered into the
imposition, will allow you work with any section size reducing the
number of impositions you need to have and the need to set this each
time you have a job with a different section size.

VARIANTAS 2:

There is one thing all of the shingling formulas do not have. That is
the use of pie (3.14). Since we are dealing with something that actually
curves at the fold, pie should be part of the formula.

Below is the formula using pie. NOTE: the Creep Correction Factor is for
paper tolerances/roughness of paper and for how tight or loose a folder is.

Steps to produce good shingling

1.) Total Number of pages (p) divided by 4 is the total number of sheets (n)
2.) Thickness of 1 sheet of paper (t)
3.) n * t * 3.14
4.) Take the value of step 3 and divide by 2
5.) Take the value of step 4 and multiply by the Creep Correction Factor
of 1.2

The formula should look like this

(((p/4) * t * 3.14)/2) * 1.2

NOTE: This formula came from Scenic Soft Engineering.
--------

dar gali rasti

http://www.farrukh.co.uk/Imposition%20Software/UK/products/ip/Creep.html